Sunday, September 9, 2012

scared

Last night (or this morning I guess) went like this:

 (my face as I'm looking out the window)

12:30 am.......... Jon and I are laying in bed and I hear a car alarm go off

12:30 1/2 am..... I jumped out of bed, had a BAD feeling, and I knew it was our car. I looked out the window and what did I see, popcorn popping on the apricot tree hooded man propping the hood of Jon's car up.

12:31 am............See the man close the hood, the alarm stops and he then gets into Jon's car

12:32 am............I'm talking with 9-1-1 and Jon's outside saying What are you doing?!

12:32 1/2 am......The man jumps into his getaway car and another man drives them away.

So..........pretty much when I jumped up and went to the window I said to Jon, "that's our car." He was still laying in bed and wasn't worried. I didn't have my contacts in, so as I squinted out the window to see our car and I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was real. I started asking Jon questions I already knew the answers to, but I was hoping the answer would be different because I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm all, "You have a silver car right? and it's parked where it's always parked?" Then when I saw the man put the hood down and get inside I said, "there's someone sitting in your car!"  Jon got up (he said I used a scary voice and he knew I wasn't kidding) and he ran outside. Meanwhile I called the police.


In literally just a couple minutes Jon's car was almost hot-wired and driven away. I of course was freaking out and shaking and could barely breath as I talked to the operator and watched as Jon ran outside to face the guys. Apparently the guys got his door open, when the alarm went off they popped the hood and unplugged the battery to make it stop. Then they busted the covering off around the wires and started their work. That's when Jon ran outside. I was nervous that they were going to shoot him or who knows what and thankfully they just drove away. It seemed so unreal and I feel so blessed that we are safe and unharmed. We didn't get any sleep last night, and I kept running to the window to see if his car was still there. And it was. and it is today.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! That is scary! I am glad you guys and your car are ok!!

    ReplyDelete